Preventing More Damage From A Fire In A Home
Here are some tips to follow after you experience a fire in your home-
- Try not to touch content that has been damaged by fire or soot. Inadvertently, you could be damaging more furniture, walls, upholstery etc.
- Do not try to walk over singed carpet and rugs. If you cannot avoid it, use old sheets or towels around high-traffic areas.
- If you have power, consider yourself lucky. If electricity is off, remember to empty the refrigerator and freezer.
- Water indoor plants and make sure you wipe both sides of leaves.
- Inspect HVAC filters.
- Contact a repair service if you suspect your appliances were affected by the fire.
- Inspect the ceiling and light fixtures (fans) to make sure there is no fire or water damage. If you believe they were damaged, contact an electrician.
- If your clothes were damaged by smoke or soot, make sure that the dry cleaner has experience removing smoke odors. Improper cleaning may set the smell.
SERVPRO Of North San Bernardino, provide fire damage restoration service to fire- damage. Our team are trained professionals that have the proper equipment to begin the cleaning process and restore all items damaged by a fire. Please do not hesitate to gives us a call at (909) 474-2340