water damage and homeowners
Inspecting your home and trying to prevent future floods or leaks is one of the most important and yet sometimes forgotten tasks
- Know the location of your water main. If you are leaving your home for an extended amount of time be sure to shut off your water main so you have no worries of water leaking and or running.
- Always monitor your water bill. If you notice a difference in price or your usage in water that you do not recognize you may have a leak without even knowing!
- Check appliances regularly. Always remember to check your appliances and make sure everything is in a good condition.
- New washing machine hoses! Believe it or not but washing machine hoses are the number one cause of water damage in homes. So ensure you are not using damaged or old hoses.
- Install water detection devices. Water detection devices help detect water and keep moisture out. It is a small electronic device that will sound an alarm if touched by moisture.